The Pipe Engineering Committee is responsible for standardisation and research in the field of pipeline systems and pressure vessels.
Search SSG Standards
The SSG Pipe Engineering Committee was launched in 1971. It works with standardisation and researches new services relating to pipeline systems and pressurised devices. The work environment, reliability and maintenance are important criteria involved in this work. The committee regularly detects the needs of industry in respect of pipeline systems and pressurised devices, and it also works with business intelligence, network building and knowledge exchange. The committee is also working to increase awareness and market relevant standards and associated services.
SSG’s pipeline standards meet the requirements of applicable directives and regulations with regard to pressurised devices, which means that clients, suppliers and manufacturers can feel secure in their selection of components. SSG’s pipeline standards have a certificate of compliance which was issued by Kiwa Inspecta (certificate number 20-1013779-100).
Current projects in the Pipe Engineering Committee
- Working group R5 – Pipe classes
SSG's pipe classes are updated in accordance with current standards and the dimensions of suppliers. The working group will meet with the Finnish PSK working group for pipe classes in order to understand similarities and differences in PSK's and SSG's standards.
- Working group R7 – Pipe suspensions
Stage 1 has been completed and new editions of SSG 7149E and SSG 7151E have been published. In stage 2, standards are developed for new types of sliding supports and previous information is adjusted after comments have been received.
- Working group R8 – Insulation of pipe systems, cisterns, etc.
The standards for technical insulation are reviewed according to comments received. The idea is also to more clearly describe how insulation is carried out in practice among different industries.
- Working group R9 – Technical regulations
In SSG 7902E the materials are adjusted and a reference to SSG 1014E – Internal coating of cisterns by painting is added.
Do you want to be informed when the projects are completed? Subscribe to our newsletter on SSG Standards.
- Mikael Forseryd, Stora Enso Skoghall AB, chairman
- Anders Lundqvist, BillerudKorsnäs AB, Gruvöns Bruk, vice chairman
- Anders Stenlund, AFRY Division Industry
- Anders Wetterberg, Ingenjörsfirman Rörkraft AB
- Fredrik Nilzon, SCA Munksund AB
- Gunnar Bergenholm, Iggesund Paperboard AB
- Johan Barrulf, Valmet AB
- Linus Axelsson, AFRY Division Infrastructure
- Anders Gimbergsson, Metsä Board Sverige AB, Husum
- Stefan Bengtsson, Södra Cell AB, Värö
- Stefan Westerlund, Smurfit Kappa Kraftliner Piteå
- Christer Wallin, SSG