The Pipe Engineering Committee is responsible for standardisation and research in the field of pipeline systems and pressure vessels.
Search SSG Standards
The SSG Pipe Engineering Committee was launched in 1971. It works with standardisation and researches new services relating to pipeline systems and pressurised devices. The work environment, reliability and maintenance are important criteria involved in this work. The committee regularly detects the needs of industry in respect of pipeline systems and pressurised devices, and it also works with business intelligence, network building and knowledge exchange. The committee is also working to increase awareness and market relevant standards and associated services.
SSG’s pipeline standards meet the requirements of applicable directives and regulations with regard to pressurised devices, which means that clients, suppliers and manufacturers can feel secure in their selection of components. SSG’s pipeline standards have a certificate of compliance which was issued by Kiwa Inspecta (certificate number 20-1013779-100).
Current projects in the Pipe Engineering Committee
- Working group R4 – Media classification
SSG 7650E – Piping – recommendations for the selection, classification and inspection of materials and components is being revised according to the questions about the media codes that we have recieved since the latest edition of the standard was published.
- Working group R5 – Pipe classes
SSG's pipe classes are updated according to current standards and suppliers' dimensions.
- Working group R7 – Pipe anchorages and supports
In stage 1, we update the information on welding of slip supports and make other simpler adjustments. In stage 2, new standards will be developed for new types of pipe anchorages and supports.
- Working group R9: 2 – GAP
In the new editions of SSG's standards for GAP, they are updated and supplemented to be adapted to Plastic Pipeline Standards 2018. SSG's standards for GAP are also adapted to the PED directive 2014/68/EU implemented in AFS 2016:1 and AFS 2017:3.
Do you want to be informed when the projects are completed? Subscribe to our newsletter on SSG Standards.
- Mikael Forseryd, Stora Enso Skoghall AB, chairman
- Anders Lundqvist, BillerudKorsnäs AB, Gruvöns Bruk, vice chairman
- Anders Stenlund, AFRY Division Industry
- Anders Wetterberg, Ingenjörsfirman Rörkraft AB
- Fredrik Nilzon, SCA Munksund AB
- Gunnar Bergenholm, Iggesund Paperboard AB
- Johan Barrulf, Valmet AB
- Linus Axelsson, AFRY Division Infrastructure
- Anders Gimbergsson, Metsä Board Sverige AB, Husum
- Stefan Bengtsson, Södra Cell AB, Värö
- Stefan Westerlund, Smurfit Kappa Kraftliner Piteå
- Christer Wallin, SSG